SF State will continue updating building access protocols to promote the health and safety of our campus community.
All Buildings are Open
All university buildings on main campus are now open for normal operations from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Non-administrative buildings will be open 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. Burk Hall, Creative Arts, and Fine Arts building will be open for select weekend hours.
Contact your building coordinators if you have questions about building schedules. Many departments continue to offer virtual services to support SF State community. Check office and department websites for virtual and in-person office hours.
If you need assistance with building access afterhours, please contact University Police Department or call (415) 338-7200. If building coordinators need to adjust building schedule to accommodate campus programs, please coordinate with Facilities services and submit a service request.
Steps for Coming to Campus
Conferences, Events, and Meetings
SF State has opened its 1600 Holloway Avenue campus indoor spaces for conferences, events, and meetings. This includes conferences, events, meetings and celebratory events hosted by external organizations and internal divisions, departments, and organizations.
The updated guidance outlines SF State health and safety protocols for conferences, events, and meeting of any size. Attendees may include SF State employees, SF State students, and/or external individuals.
Conferences, events, and meetings held outdoors remain the best alternative: There are no physical distancing requirements and face coverings are not required. If refreshments are served outdoors, care should be taken by leadership to ensure safe provision of food and beverages.
- Indoor masking is strong recommended.
Health Screening Requirements
- SF State employees, SF State students must complete the COVID-19 health screen in the SF State mobile app or on the web.
- Non-SF State affiliated individuals must comply with SF State health and safety protocols.
- Attendees age 2 or over must provide 1) proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of scheduled event unless a different timeline applies in designated circumstances, and 2) a photo ID.
- Individual coordinating and/or hosting conference, event, or meeting must maintain a list and contact information for all attendees.
For conferences, events, and meetings with over 1,000 (inclusive of staff, technicians, and SF State employees), event host must submit a Meeting & Event Questionnaire to Conference & Event Services at firstname.lastname@example.org at least a month prior to the scheduled event. Visit Conference & Event Services website for more information.
Until further notice, audience members who attend SF State events will be required to provide 1) proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of the scheduled event, and 2) a photo identification.
Acceptable methods of proof of vaccination include:
- Original, copy, or electronic photo of the CDC vaccination card (or similar documentation issued by another foreign governmental jurisdiction)
- Personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by state, local, foreign governmental jurisdictions, or an approved private company
Please note that a written self-attestation or declaration of vaccination status is not acceptable as a form of proof. Get Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record visit: myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
A negative COVID-19 test must be taken within one day (for antigen tests) or two days (for PCR tests). Self-administered antigen tests are not acceptable for pre-admission testing unless there is third-party verification.
To view PDF files, you may download Adobe Reader.